The BC5500 CCR XT with Trim Pillow adjustable lift wing is designed for the O2ptima eCCR or any rebreather diver looking for maximum durability, additional, better-placed lift for better trim, versatile options, and the ability to streamline their hoses and wing for in-water efficiency.
Using a SuperFabric® brand technology XT material to create an armor-clad outer shell that is impervious to damaging pinches and cuts, a 1680 ballistic nylon diver's side panel, and a heavy-duty, 210 denier nylon laminated inner bladder, the BC5500 CCR XT with Trim Pillow will hold up under all the rigors of diving.
Offering 40 lbs. (18.1 kg) of lift with an available back up bladder, the BC5500 CCR XT with Trim Pillow is versatile enough for any rebreather diving configuration and is designed for use with our TransPac, TransPlate, or metal backplates.
The Trim Pillow bladder, located in the bottom portion of the wing, provides 10 lbs (4.5 kg) of targeted lift. With its own intake and exhaust valves, this bladder is completely isolated from the primary bladder requiring its own inflator hose. By adding air to the Trim Pillow, a diver can quickly increase buoyancy in their hip region to better dial in their trim underwater, which can be extremely necessary when diving a rebreather with a wetsuit or another configuration where additional lift is needed in the hip area. By using both the primary bladder and Trim Pillow bladder, it’s never been easier to create the kind of buoyancy and trim underwater that allows for efficiency and comfort while swimming through the most pristine areas of a dive.
With an offset inflator hose, lying just to the outside of the chest-mounted counterlungs, and an open mid section, hose positioning couldn’t be more streamlined. The open mid-section allows rebreather hoses to pass through the middle of the wing, freeing up space behind the diver's head and keeping airflow from being compressed at the top of the wing. No longer will hoses press down on the wing and restrict airflow.
A 16-inch elbow inflator hose and a 22-inch low-pressure inflation hose come standard but if needed, other hose lengths are available upon request.
To allow a diver to set their trim more effectively, the BC5500 CCR XT with Trim Pillow has two sets of marine-grade 316 stainless steel grommet mounting holes, which are used to attach the wing to a harness in two different positions. So, no matter what harness system or what rebreather is used, the wing can be positioned to maximize the diver’s trim in the water.
A Gusset Control System (GCS) cord is also provided (optional for use) that can be used to further streamline the wing such as when carrying small bailout bottles. The GCS is not like a bungee wing because it does not restrict airflow; instead the GCS promotes added streamlining and buoyancy control, yet allows the wing to inflate to its full capacity.
The BC5500 CCR XT with Trim Pillow is backed by our WORRY-FREE LIFETIME GUARANTEE and is made exclusively in the U.S.A.
- Outer bag material: SuperFabric brand technology for maximum durability against the harshest elements
- Diver’s side panel material: 1680 ballistic nylon
- Inner bladder material: Heavy-duty 210 denier nylon laminated to withstand and resist pinches and punctures
- Lift: 40 lbs (18.1 kg) with available dual bladder option
- Lift (Trim Pillow bladder): 10 lbs (4.5 kg), provides addition lift at the bottom of the wing to help trim the diver when diving in a wetsuit or a configuration requiring more lift in the diver’s hip area
- Gusset Control System: Stretch cord that can be used to further streamline the wing if desired without restricting airflow
- Urethane flanges are welded in place, which make it easy to switch out corrugated hoses and over pressurization valves without tools
- 16-inch elbow inflator and a 22-inch low-pressure inflation hose come standard with other hose lengths available upon request
- Two sets of marine-grade 316 stainless steel grommet mounting holes: used to attach the wing to a harness and set diver’s trim
- Compatibility: Designed for use with the TransPac, TransPlate, or metal backplates
- Approximate dimensions not inflated: 22-in H x 21-in W (55.8cm x 53.3cm)
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg)